2021-22 Coaches Shows with Isaac Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Yea... My first thought... Hopefully this isn't a sign we have a covid outbreak
    Very likely. I can tell you from personal experience that even though you’re ‘triple’ vaxxed, ‘double’ masked and live in a bubble, you can easily get the ‘new’ Omicron variant. Pretty much sniffles, coughs and farts, but once you test positive, you’re subject to the current CDC and league protocols.

K-State is in a mess at the moment. Some league protocols (Big 12) might be more stringent? Not sure about AAC, but our women have some challenges currently as well.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

You never know these days. The Shocker women postponed their Sundaty game at South Florida due to Covid issues. At least I am assuming it was Covid issues. The official release gave the reason as due to health and safety protocols within the Wichita State program.

Comment

I would’ve preferred a covid outbreak around January 1st.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Very likely. I can tell you from personal experience that even though you’re ‘triple’ vaxxed, ‘double’ masked and live in a bubble, you can easily get the ‘new’ Omicron variant. Pretty much sniffles, coughs and farts, but once you test positive, you’re subject to the current CDC and league protocols.

K-State is in a mess at the moment. Some league protocols (Big 12) might be more stringent? Not sure about AAC, but our women have some challenges currently as well.

Unfortunately 90% of the cases in Kansas are still delta.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• saw dex in old town late sunday night.... hopefully not a team deal

Comment

• In my opinion, in no way should it be “not enough interest” in a coaches show. The problem is that the people who run it are stuck in 1960’s when the only thing available was a radio.

if you want to stick to the radio, sure. But make it a freaking podcast episode at least.

the issue isn’t interest, the issue is lack of using their resources that are right in front of them. End rant.

Comment

• Taylor tweeted that it was cancelled as a precaution. The hosting venue thought there would be more people than normal with the championship game, and cancelled the show out of covid precaution.

Comment

• That's the only place they can have it? Unless they are contractually obligated to only have it there, that is an excuse.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                    That's the only place they can have it? Unless they are contractually obligated to only have it there, that is an excuse.
                    Seems like there was a time it was moved in the past couple of years for one reason or another. I do think they are a sponsor and that's part of hosting, but I don't think it's the only place they can do it. Or has it been done simply over the phone or something since Covid first began? Maybe I have false memories and none of this ever happened.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Seems like there was a time it was moved in the past couple of years for one reason or another. I do think they are a sponsor and that's part of hosting, but I don't think it's the only place they can do it. Or has it been done simply over the phone or something since Covid first began? Maybe I have false memories and none of this ever happened.
                      The Matrix

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock’em Markley View Post
                        In my opinion, in no way should it be “not enough interest” in a coaches show. The problem is that the people who run it are stuck in 1960’s when the only thing available was a radio.

if you want to stick to the radio, sure. But make it a freaking podcast episode at least.

the issue isn’t interest, the issue is lack of using their resources that are right in front of them. End rant.
                        Hmm. 3rd post is a RANT. You must have been really angry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock’em Markley View Post

They used to make podcasts of the coach's show. I don't know why they quit. Maybe not enough listened to them they decided it wasn't worth it - but they didn't publicize it much either. But you are right - podcast idea makes a lot more sense in this day than a live radio broadcast where they don't even take fan questions anymore.

I suspect that the WSU is in such a dire financial situation they are just cutting wherever they can.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                            Pretty much sniffles, coughs and farts..

So pretty much just a regular Sunday then?

Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

They used to make podcasts of the coach's show. I don't know why they quit. Maybe not enough listened to them they decided it wasn't worth it - but they didn't publicize it much either. But you are right - podcast idea makes a lot more sense in this day than a live radio broadcast where they don't even take fan questions anymore.

I suspect that the WSU is in such a dire financial situation they are just cutting wherever they can.
                              Making a podcast is pretty close to free if you're already doing a show.
                              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

Making a podcast is pretty close to free if you're already doing a show.
                                I usually watch the replay on Cox 22. Not a big fan of Cox (I'll be nice for now), but I do appreciate being able to watch the show at my leisure.
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X